The Matchmove artist is responsible for the replication of the real set, camera and camera move within the computer for later use by animators and technical directors. This includes manipulating both 2D and 3D elements, while maintaining accurate camera perspective. Other than camera tracking, the Matchmove artist will also need to object track and body track when CG elements are involved.
- Knowledge in Maya and 3D Equalizer will be an advantage, or similar industry standard matchmove software
- Strong understanding of photography and the effects of different lenses on perspective.
- A good work ethic, meticulous, organized and have a keen eye for detail
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Able to take direction and address constructive feedback
- Able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure while adhering to the procedure and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline.
What can we offer?
VHQ offers a positive, creative environment where the leading effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge work. We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name. If you want to be part of the VHQ story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.
Please note that you must be able to provide a demo reel that illustrates your relevant artistic and technical experience that also includes the nuances for this specific role.