Posted 5 years ago
The lighting artist takes on all lighting tasks on shots. Candidates at senior level are required to standardize scene light based on different shots. The lighting artist is also required to complete texture and shader for all digital assets. He/She is responsible for adjusting shots, splitting files and delivering render files in line with the defined solutions in the rendering process, as well as checking sequence after rendering and doing pre-comp. He/She must produce deliverables on schedule while maintaining good work quality.
- Have a good knowledge of art with rich experience in using lighting to build atmosphere and a thorough knowledge of Maya production and workflow. Work independently with a clear-cut vision and great passion.
- Be able to communicate well with FX supervisors delivering constructive ideas and control story emotion through the lighting.
- Be proficient in common texturing software, such as Photoshop.
- Be good at traditional light making and main render software such as Arnold and Mental Ray, or similar, and be able to render animation of high quality.
- Have a professional philosophy of layer rendering and shader in terms of physical property that are commonly used and be able to give post-production team compositing support.
- Production experience in live-action films is preferred and candidates with artistic background will be a favoured.
|Job Category||Mid, Senior|