- 3+ years experience as an FX artist on feature films or long form episodic TV series
- Significant experience with fluid dynamics, destruction, particles, cloth/hair/fur, pyro simulations
- Able to deliver solutions for demanding FX problems proactively and independently, and provide support where needed
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good eye for composition, light, and colour
- Proficient in Houdini
- Strong lighting and rendering skills
- Nuke compositing skills
- Shader writing skills
- Coding/Scripting experience
What can we offer?
VHQ offers a positive, creative environment where the leading effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge work. We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name. If you want to be part of the VHQ story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.
Please note that you must be able to provide a demo reel that illustrates your relevant artistic and technical experience that also includes the nuances for this specific role.