Responsible for financial planning, analysis and projection for the company, Financial Analysts play a pivotal role in financial analysis, development of business, system integration, budgeting, and forecasting the future financial trends.
At VHQ, we are looking for self-starters, proactive nature, business acumen and a passion for creative problem-solving. The ideal candidate will be able to do more than merely reporting as they will collaborate across the company, internationally.
- Research, analyse, and prepare financial information for reporting to senior management and the board of directors, to include:
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual financial statements,
- Reports detailing the bank’s liquidity, interest rate risk, and profitability,
- Branch profitability reports, and
- Other information regarding the performance of branches and officers relating to, for example: loan and deposit growth, credit quality, customer relationships, etc.;
- Assist in general ledger close for month, quarter, and year-ends;
- Assist in preparation for financial statement audits and bank regulatory exams; and
- Complete various special projects as assigned.
- Provide robust statistical analytics to continuously improve analytical capability of the team to provide insightful and relevant recommendations to drive business decision making.
- Review financial statements and related comprehensive analyses for variances and trends.
- Enhance, improve, and maintain written procedures for the accounting/finance department.
- Assist in the implementation of changes in accounting/finance (for systems and reporting) as well as the implementation of new accounting standards and policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What They Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; or, three years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic, financial modelling and reporting skills.
- Ability to work with advanced spreadsheets, general ledger accounting systems, and other general technology such as report writers and budget software.
- Ability to dissect raw accounting data into a summarized analysis
- Ability to perform research on current and new accounting and/or finance related issues
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
*Local applications will be prioritised