The Effects Artist is responsible for creating the effects in the Design and Animation department. The role requires good working knowledge of rigid body and particle dynamics, volume and rendering, procedural geometry generation, fluid and gas solvers for TVCs.
- The ideal candidate should know how to use an array of proprietary software tools to produce realistic simulations of the real world.
- Ability to produce test and often final renders of FX elements for a shot
- Good working knowledge of rigid body and particle dynamics, volume and rendering, procedural geometry generation, fluid and gas solvers.
- Keen eye for detail, good sense of time and thorough understanding of techniques and technology related to physical simulation in computer graphics.
- Strong sense of composition, light and colour
- Familiarity with at least one node-based compositing application (Nuke preferred), and a good understanding of the compositing process
- Bachelor’s Degree in VFX or other equivalent major
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Effects Artist, or any other relevant experience in 3D/VFX
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects