The CG Supervisor is tasked with managing all CG aspects of a film project. He/She will assist the team in finding technical solutions to creative problems and must work closely with the VFX Supervisor to interpret and meet the client’s creative vision(s). He/She must also brief artists to enable them to meet client expectations and work the VFX producer(s) and coordinator(s) to ensure that project schedules are on track. He/She must be a good team leader and communicator as it is essential for the CG Supervisor to communicate with the leads of different CG aspects, while managing artists and coordinating their efforts.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in CG post production, ideally with a hands on background in one or more specialized areas (such as FX, animation, or lighting) to ensure a strong problem solving ability with complex and diverse challenges.
- CG Supervisor or Senior / Lead experience on 2-3 films.
- A strong technical ability combined with a strong visual skill in analyzing images understanding issues like composition, animation timing and use of color.
- A good history of collaborating with R&D teams, with an ability to provide pipeline specifications then test and deploy these tools in a VFX environment.
- An ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A calm and confident leadership style that keeps teams happy and productive.
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Expert knowledge in one or more industry standard software packages such as Maya and Nuke.
|Job Category||Mid, Senior|